Thursday, July 16, 2009

Traveling Man

Over the past three weeks I have been traveling. I was in Italy with my family and then teaching in Costa Rica and Las Vegas for two weeks. All in all I feel very fortunate to be able to step away from business and my family.

With this being said I am very glad to have been given the life I have. I am a home-body and I prefer being at home verses on the road. Occasional trips are fun yet after expereincing three weeks in a row I have had my fill.

I have a lot of compassion and respect for people that have to travel a lot. I was on planes, trains, automoblies and ships. Traveling can really test your patience and show you who you are. We got lost in Italy a few times, I missed a plane in Charlotte and sat next to a guy heading to Las Vegas who sniffled for four straight hours wiping his nose with his hand.

To me these are the greatest tests of yoga--when life is just not going your way. How do you react? Can you discover peace amongst discomfort? I fared pretty well yet I have a long way to go. At times I felt enlightened and at other times I felt like freaking out--isn't that the way life goes?

I will post another blog tomorrow and get back to one a week now that I am home.

No comments: