Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Costa Rica

I am writing this entry from Pura Vida Spas in Costa Rica. This is my 7th year facilitating retreats and every year it seems to get better. The attendees this year are steadfast, enthusiastic and came to work deligently with a smile. There is not much resistance and this makes the practice much more enjoyable and fun.

Each day starts off with a basis meditation. This year Chris Rogers has joined me to lead the group on Big Mind training. Big Mind is learning to think bigger then yourself. Our theme is Beginners Mind. This is a term which orginates in the Zen tradition. The general idea is that a beginners mind is a Big Mind and capable of numerous possiblities. A more advanced mind is a small mind and limited in possibilities.

After each morning session we enjoy amazing fruit and other healthy food. We ask people to stay light on the eating due to a 10am Hatha yoga practice. After practice we shower and enjoy a heathy and tastey lunch. Much of the afternoon is spent resting by the pool or sleeping.

We practice again in the later afternoon. This is a longer practice where more theraputic movements are practiced. Afterwards everyone showers and we have dinner together. The conversation is rich.

I really enjoy being down here yet it is challenging being away from Sara and our children. I hope to handle the Blog on Presence while I am down here.

I have not had time to edit this blog so excuse me for any grammer mistakes.

No comments: